Monday, April 10, 2017

BUSY BUSY WEEK-END!

We had a pretty busy week-end ~ and I am feeling it this morning in my knees I am not going to lie.  But we got a lot accomplished AND had some fun times as well.

I think I need to back up first to last Tues afternoon and give a few highlights to little Jeff's first ever track event.  Actually it was his very first sporting event ever, lol.  He has just not been interested in sports.  Which I am not saying it is a bad thing, just a different thing for our family.  All of my kids were very athletic and VERY involved in sports, and honestly our oldest probably most of all.  Joe was just your all round athlete.  He played baseball all the way from the time he was 8 making all stars his first year, to through high school as the teams catcher.  He was the quarterback on the high school football team which btw, were some of the most fun filled times ever.  He was the point guard on the high school basketball team as well, all while being totally involved in karate.  He eventually went on to becoming a 5th degree black belt and following his dream to becoming the owner of his own karate studio.  He held a title belt in kick boxing for the state of California for two years as an adult, and has gone on to train several others to be as well.  So it's pretty safe to say that one might "think" that his sons would follow in at least some of his footsteps, lol.  But right from the beginning, while Jeffie is definitely a VERY coordinated boy, he was just NOT interested in sports.  Took karate for a while but disliked it.  Never wanted to even TRY soccer or baseball or basketball.  Joe in my opinion, wisely NEVER pushed Jeff to do any of it.  He tried to encourage him to give it a try, but the answer was always a firm NO, lol.  Joe did make Jeffie learn to swim (which he does do well) and gives him no choice that he has to do "something" physical to keep himself healthy. No couch potatoes over there, lol.  So of course Jeffie swims, doing so almost daily in their swimming pool. Anyway....a month or so ago Jeffie came to his dad and told him he was thinking about joining the track team at school.  ALL of us were SUPER excited that he had decided to try his hand at something, and tried not to make too big of a deal out of it to him at the same time, lol.  Didn't want him to feel pressured to do well, just to enjoy the sport.  Well, as it turns out Jeffie is the fasted boy runner in his 7th grade class which consists of several hundred boys. Sooo now knowing a little of the background, you can see why we all had this first track meet sooo big, lol.  Hubby managed to arrange his schedule so he could go too, and I was really happy he was able to.  Jeffie did very well! He finished 5th over all in the mile, out of around 35 boys.  Jeffie is convinced he will do even better at the next meet and has definitely caught the fever of competition, lol.  He was supposed to be in 2 other events, but do to VERY poor organization by the school running the meet, the time was running WAY WAY over, and his school decided to just "forget" those events.  We could have all cried, lol. JUST KIDDING, but not really, lol.  I did get a couple of pictures to document this event.  Let me just add to that it was the very first track meet I had ever attended.  None of my kids ever ran track. Can't say it was my favorite as there was SOO much "down" time and we were there over 3 hours! But I am very happy that Jeffie enjoyed it, and is doing well.

HERE HE COMES (ONE IN FRONT)  SORRY THIS IS BLURRY....I DID MY BEST, LOL



THIS WAS THE BEST SHOT!
I spent the rest of the week getting my hair done, getting a mani and a pedi, having my eyebrows and face threaded (still hurts sooo much to do this...but it's necessary, lol) and finishing up the end of my sewing for Melody's family.  Let me show you a couple of those things...


SPRING/SUMMER PJ'S FOR CLAIRE.  I JUST THOUGHT THIS PANEL AND FABRIC WAS TOO CUTE TO PASS UP.  

AND THESE NINJA TURTLE SUMMER PJ'S ARE FOR SAM!

Hubby got the crotch snaps on the romper on over the week-end, and I still have a couple of quick hand sewing things that still need to be completed, but that's it.  I will do that this afternoon and then clean everything up and put the cover on my machine for a while.  It's time for a little break.

Then this week-end on Sat. we did a little shopping at toys r us.  Honestly I LOVE that place, lol.  We got the boys some kites and a couple of new books, and Claire is getting a walking dog that talks from the pets life movie.  I could have gotten SOOO much more, but I did refrain.  Then we went and saw the Case for Christ.  It was an outstanding movie in our opinion.  We both enjoyed it.  It was very inspiring and presents such a good "case" for the reality of Jesus.  Definitely see this if you get the opportunity.  I always love movies that are based on a true story too.

Our grand daughter Lindsey (Joe's second oldest daugher) attended her very first prom on Sat. night with her boyfriend Adrian.  He is a very nice boy, and they had a good time.  Let me show you their pics.


SOOO PRETTY

SWEET COUPLE

Then yesterday was ANOTHER busy day.  After church (and we had to go to early service!) we went to Joe's youngest son Cody's very first karate tournament.  He is 8 years old and has been doing karate for a while now with his dad.  He is the son who is autistic and so therefore comes with it's own set of challenges for sports.  A sweeter, happier boy honestly just doesn't exist I think.  And this is not just being spoken by a biased grandma, lol, it is just a fact.  He is doing VERY VERY well btw, and is near being placed in main stream schooling starting next year.  He has also been diagnosed as being ADD so again, another set of challenges.  But Joe has done sooo well with Cody, and Cody just adores his daddy.  I honestly don't know who I enjoyed more at the tournament.  Joe or Cody?  lol  Joe was soo proud of Cody, and Cody just kind of walked around with his dad taking it all in.  Cody competed in two areas.  Regular sparring, and continuous sparring which is something that only started recently.  Didn't have that when Joe was competing.  Cody does not quite have his kata's down yet, so he just competed in sparring.  He too did VERY well.  He took 5th place in regular sparring, and 2nd place in continuous!!  It was all very exciting, and Cody enjoyed every minute which was the important thing.  He soooo wants to be like his daddy.  And his natural talent is right there.  He has a little more of a challenge remembering, but he is doing very, very well.  Some kids compete in these tournaments ALL the time, and never place at all just to show you how well he did, and with it being his first as well.

DAD GETTING HIM READY FOR HIS MATCH!

ALL READY TO GO...ALL THE OWNERS HAVE TO WEAR SUITS TO THESE EVENTS...JOE DID LOOK NICE!

WAITING WITH DAD

TROPHY FOR SECOND PLACE, AND A MEDAL FOR 5TH

THERE HE IS!

Then after the tournament, we popped over to the mall and we did a little shopping for our trip.  I needed some make up items, and I wanted a new top for Easter.  This took us longer then we intended so by the time we were finished with that it was time to head to Upland to the Spaghetti Factory to celebrate little Jeffie's 13th birthday.  I honestly can't believe he it a teenager already.  Time really does fly.  It was a GREAT night and we all had such a good time!  Let me show you those pics now.

THE BIRTHDAY BOY WITH GRANDMA AND GRANDPA....LOVE HIM SOOOO MUCH!

HAVING DINNER WITH JOE'S FAMILY.  MY UNCLE DON AND HIS WIFE LIZ WERE ABLE TO JOIN US TOO WHICH WAS REALLY NICE...HAVEN'T SEEN THEM IN A WHILE

JEFFIE GOT A NEW SHIRT FROM US, AND A GIFT CARD TO DO WITH AS HE PLEASES AS WELL, LOL

JOE'S OLDEST SON (and our oldest grand child) EVAN WITH HIS 3 YEAR GIRL FRIEND KIM, AND LITTLE CODY!  CODY LOVES TO HANG OUT WITH THEM TOO...I THINK HE HAS HIS OWN "CRUSH" ON KIM

I don't think I ever told you that the week-end before we went down to San Diego to church and to celebrate my youngest son's 37th birthday (April is a busy month for us! lol) We took his family to lunch at Phil's BBQ (probably the best bbq food in San Diego!) and then we all went to a movie together.  We saw Boss Baby and it was cute and entertaining.  The kids certainly enjoyed it.  I took just one pic on the day of my son and I.  I have looked through pictures recently and realized I just don't have many pics of myself with my kids.  I avoid the camera truthfully, lol.  But I want to rectify not having many so I forced myself, lol   Let me show you that one..

ME AND MY JAMES MICHAEL.  HOW I LOVE THIS GUY!
Well this was kind of long so sorry about that but had to get all of this in my blogs for my books. How grateful I feel this morning when I think of all the Lord has blessed us with our family.  Soo many grandkids to love and cherish, and all of our children, and each other as well.  Yes, we definitely have our struggles and hard moments like any one else on this earth, but so so much to be thankful for.  I will probably not post again until after Easter when we get back.  I am soo excited to go and spend this time with my girl.  I covet your prayers for a safe journey and GOOD health while we are gone.  I might get around to visiting when given the opportunity, but don't know.   Many blessings to you all!  Debbie

11 comments:

  1. A very blessed Easter week to you with traveling mercies all around. It's going to be such a wonderful family time for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your busy, busy, busy week and truly, busy it was. But when you are busy with family and grandkids, it is the best of times. Will be thinking about you all as you travel and praying for a blessed visit. He is Risen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful weekend you had. Congrats to your grandkids on their achievements. Hope you have a great time with your daughter and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm tired just reading all that you've been up to. And, I'm so excited for you and your visit with Melanie. I can't wait to hear all about it. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed finding your blog and reading about your family. I work with children on the spectrum and I am so happy Cody found a sport he enjoys and does so well in! I'm happy you enjoyed The Case for Christ too! My son Daniel was on the film crew and spent some time with Lee Strobel touring the set for The Chicago Tribune. He said he was kind, friendly, easy to talk to, and down to earth! Have a blessed Easter with your family.
    Warmly, Glora

    ReplyDelete
  6. A busy, busy week and more fun in store!! Praying for safe and happy travels for you as you make your way to Melanie's home. Easter blessings to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! Deb, if you could see me as I am typing this, just tears of joy filling my eyes, You are truly blessed and what's so great is you know it and give honor to the One who blesses.
    Your son Joe is a great father and smart, by letting his children find their own passions, what a joy it has been for me over the past few years getting to know you and you sharing your life! I truly admire you, you are not only talented but are a great person to know, what a shame we live so far away, I would so enjoy going to the movies and dinner with you! have a blessed and happy Easter with your loved ones! I will be praying for yo as you travel.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the pics and seeing you in them! You have such a good looking bunch there, Debbie! Isn't it fun when you can all get together. Precious times!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always have so many wonderful things to share. Your family is beautiful and I'm happy for Jeffie to find a sport he likes. Our daughter was never into any sports until she reached middle school and she ran track, too. She still runs. So glad you had such a wonderful times with your family. So many things to celebrate. And, as always, the pj's are adorable. You are the grandma who rocks! Oh, and your hair looks great! How often does one have to thread?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...you have been a busy girl...I am just worn out reading about all you've been up to! Yes, Debbie, the teacup exchange is so much fun...you would enjoy it if you decide to participate. It truly is amazing how Stephanie brings so many woman together through this! I hope you had a blessed Easter with your family!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!